Mark your calendars! This year’s Annual General Meeting will be held on Monday, September 21 at 12:00 (PDT) via conference call.
Please contact the BCLSS office at email@example.com to let us know that you would like to participate. We will provide you with the call-in instructions and you will have an AGM package emailed out to you before the meeting.
In order for us to reach quorum at the AGM, we require a minimum of 17 members in good standing (including BCLSS Directors). Please consider participating so that we can easily meet or possibly exceed this number!
Volunteer Opportunity as a Member of the BCLSS Board of Directors
Would you like to be able to work towards maintaining and improving watershed health while gaining valuable leadership skills and learning more about environmental non-profits/charities? If so, volunteering as a Director for the BCLSS could be right for you!
Benefits & Recognition of BCLSS Directors
• Know that you are putting your best efforts toward improved water quality and watershed health.
• Contribute your knowledge and leadership expertise to further our mission and vision.
• Connect with like-minded professionals who are passionate believers in our vision of clean, healthy lakes.
• Develop Board governance and leadership skills.
• No paid compensation although your travel and other expenses will be reimbursed.
The criteria for becoming a BCLSS Director are that the individual:
1. Is able to volunteer up to 5 hours/month – for Board/committee calls, and related duties
2. Actively participates on BCLSS committees
3. Enthusiastically seeks out new sponsors/donors on behalf of the BCLSS
4. Is easily accessible by email
5. Submits a brief letter outlining what they feel they can bring to the BCLSS Board, and why they are interested in becoming a Director
As a Board member, you will be part of the team of professionals guiding the vision and strategy of the BCLSS. Your ideas, dedication and skills will help propel the organization to broader impact and effectiveness.
There will be no nominations from the floor at the AGM. Letters of intent and nominations can be submitted to the BCLSS Nominating Committee via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail: 1257 Erskine Street, Coquitlam BC, V3B 6R3.
The deadline for nominations is September 1, 2020.